About William Hiltz
William Hiltz BSc MBA CET
I truly enjoy helping people resolve their most pressing and complex business problems.
My education and experience include the domains of science, business, engineering, and information technology.
Since 2004, I have performed and managed hundreds of fraud investigations and helped dozens of dental professionals involved in civil litigation matters.
If you are a dentist or practice owner, check out my fraud blog called Dental FraudBusters!
- MBA ’01
- BSc Biology (Adv Major) ’99
- BSc Biology ’98
- Diploma – Industrial Instrumentation
- Diploma Digital Electronics
- Diploma Microprocessor Computing
- Diploma Assembly Language Programming
- Diploma Programmable Logic Controllers
Recent Continuing Education
- MedPro Risk Focus: Documentation in Dentistry
- MedPro Risk Focus: Disclosure and Apology in Dentistry
- A Complex Reality: Electronic Health Record Risks and Quality Improvement Opportunities
- Autopsy / OSINT
A part of my job explained in sixty seconds
- Knowledgeable and experienced in data auditing, data mining and digital forensic techniques.
- Acknowledged expert in the detection, investigation and remediation of fraud and embezzlement in dental practices.
- Published author and speaker on the subject of embezzlement in dentistry, and dental informatics.
- Extensive experience as an adviser and expert consultant on issues related to embezzlement, healthcare fraud, investigative accounting, practice transitions, and business dispute matters.
Hiltz & Associates
August 2017 – Present – Founder and CEO
2013 to 2017 – Co-Founder, Chief Fraud Examiner, Cheif Operating Officer
Prosperident – ADVISORS TO THE DENTAL PROFESSION*
2006 to 2013 – Co-Founder, Chief Fraud Examiner
*business name registered: Jan-2006, dissolved May-2013
Harris Beattie MacLennan & Company
November 2004 – December 2005 Associate
MEDAVIE (BLUE CROSS) Medical Services
October 1997 – August 1998
- Principal dental informatics consultant
- Researched, specified & selected dental management, EDI, graphical charting and digital radiography systems as per military tender specifications.
- Negotiated and administered vendor contracts under stringent military specifications.
September 1994 – April 2004
Provided a variety of technical and training services for multiple clients
- Dental Informatics, Dental Management Software
- Retail and Commercial Point of Sale
- Programmable Logic Controllers