About William Hiltz
I truly enjoy helping my clients resolve their most pressing and complex business problems.
I have extensive knowledge and experience in science, business, engineering and information technology.
The majority of my clients are dentists and dental practice owners.
During my career, I have performed and managed hundreds of fraud investigations and helped dozens of professionals in mediation, litigation and arbitration matters involving unethical business conduct.
My fraud blog is Dental FraudBusters! – Dentistry’s most popular anti-fraud and embezzlement website.
BSc Biology (Adv Major) 1999
BSc Biology 1998
Diploma – Industrial Instrumentation
- Experienced in data auditing, data mining and digital forensics.
- Acknowledged expert in the detection, investigation and remediation of fraud and embezzlement in dental practices.
- Published author and speaker on the subject of embezzlement in dentistry, and dental informatics.
- Extensive experience as an adviser and consultant on issues related to embezzlement, healthcare fraud, investigative accounting, practice transitions, and operational matters.
Hiltz & Associates
August 2017 – Present – Founder and CEO
2006 to 2017 – Co-Founder, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Fraud Examiner, Chief Privacy Officer
Harris Beattie MacLennan & Company
November 2004 – December 2005 Associate
Maritime Medical Services – Dental Informatics Project Consultant
October 1997 – August 1998
- Principal dental informatics consultant
- Researched, specified & selected dental management, EDI, graphical charting and digital radiography systems as per military tender specifications.
- Negotiated and administered vendor contracts under stringent military specifications.
September 1994 – April 2004
Provided a variety of technical and training services for multiple clients
- Dental Informatics, Dental Management Software
- Retail and Commercial Point of Sale
- Programmable Logic Controllers
My first embezzlement case.
The one that started my journey.